Woodside enlists Boskalis for Scarborough

Woodside has awarded Boskalis Australia a contract for works relating to the Scarborough project.

Boskalis will undertake seabed intervention and shore crossing works for the proposed 430 km Scarborough gas export pipeline, which will connect the gas resource to the existing Pluto LNG onshore facility.

The contract encompasses preparatory activities related to offshore deepwater excavation, pipeline crossings, nearshore and shore crossing works for the export trunkline, with the in-field work subject to a final investment decision (FID) on the project.

The scope also includes the supply of rock material and the contractor will mobilise specialist excavation and rock placement equipment for the job.

Woodside CEO Peter Coleman said the Scarborough project was continuing its forward momentum.

“Western Australia has plated a vital role in supplying resources to the world and that role is now more important than ever as we are faced with the dual challenge of providing extra energy and cleaner energy for global and domestic markets,” he said.

Woodside is targeting 2020 for a FID and 2023 for the project to be operational.

The Scarborough gas resource is located approximately 375 km off the Burrup Peninsula in WA’s Carnarvon Basin.

Woodside operates the resource with a 75 per cent interest, while BHP holds the remaining 25 per cent.

For more information visit the Woodside website.

If you have company news you would like featured in Gas Today contact Assistant Editor David Convery at dconvery@gs-press.com.au

Show more

Related articles

Back to top button
Close
Close